Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kraken Attacken


so I had this great idea swimming around in my head for 2 days... why not make an iPod cozy w/ a squid applique, only have it's fin wrap around the top and act as the "closure" for it...


viola! I made it come into fruition this evening! I found the fabric I wanted last nite. which couldn't have been more perfect for this project. there was this blue swirl fabric which reminded me of Starry Night by Van Gogh... then I found a bright orange fabric that has bubbles and a slight pattern that resemebles coral on it... it was too good to be true! I love using Complimentary colors on the color wheel and couldn't wait to make this happen!


I sewed buttons on to give this little guy eyes and offered reinforcements around all the edges and corners, velcro, and to the applique.
you can see more pictures here.

2 comments:

  1. How cute. Great idea and it has come to a wonderful fruition. Love your stuff at Etsy. Great talent :)

    ReplyDelete