Friday, April 24, 2009

Blue Quaker Parrot sock critter


I finished half of a custom order I received from Suzie tonite!


she requested a Blue Quaker Parrot... which, again, I had to google to figure out what it was, or at least looked like. (I am familiar with what parrots are!!!)


Blue Quaker Parrots have 3 distinct colors to them (blue, grey & green), Suzie decided that the blue was the most important color to her so we went on to capture that! she also suggested using a plush sock, in hopes that it would "create feathers" and I have to admit, she was definitely RIGHT! it was one of the best client-suggestions I have recieved during a collaboration.


I wanted to achieve what she was going for, I made the tail really long, found the most-perfect-button-beak, and acquired the most amazing eyes for him!!!


you can view all of the pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment